How to become an Airline Pilot in Cambodia
Is becoming a Pilot a good career choice in Cambodia?
What are the requirements to become a Pilot?
- Firstly, you are going to need to choose what type of pilot you want to be, because each pilot’s licence fulfils different aviation functions.
- Secondly, you need to become academically qualified with an Aviation Bachelor’s degree at an accredited University.
- Finally, you need to put in the required number of flying hours to become a qualified and certified pilot.
What are the different types of Pilots Licences?
- A Student Pilot licence is required before you can train to be a pilot.
- A Sports Pilot only flies light aircraft in their local area. They may only transport 1 person and may fly low but not fly at night or over 10 000 ft.
- A Recreation Pilot may fly heavier planes than a sports pilot with passengers, but cannot act as a pilot for hire or charge for flying services. A recreational pilot can only fly 50 nautical miles from the airport they depart from.
- A Private Pilot is the most common type of pilot and makes a living from providing pilot services for charters, businesses, corporations, or specific people.
- A Commercial Pilot is paid to fly many different types of planes. This is a very technical type of pilot licence, using sophisticated planes for various purposes and flying under various conditions.
- An Airline Transport pilot is the most advanced pilot licence. They fly for large airlines as a passenger or freight pilot.
What Formal Qualifications will I need as an Airline Transport pilot?
- To become an airline transport pilot, you are expected to have a bachelor’s degree in aviation from universities such as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- You need to have undergone and passed professional flight training at a recognised flight school.
- You need to have experience as either a commercial or military pilot and have achieved the necessary compliance certificates, flight ratings and flight hours to qualify.
What are the steps to becoming an Airline Transport Pilot?
An airline transport pilot flies for airline companies transporting people and cargo around the world. In Cambodia, the steps to becoming an airline transport Pilot follow a process of 7 steps.
So, if the career you are committing to is to become a qualified Airline Transport Pilot, then AISPP can help you achieve this goal in Cambodia.
AISPP is the best gateway for you to become a pilot in Cambodia!
How Does it work?
- This is a dual enrolment process you will be required to complete at AISPP as part of their high school CP Programme. You will have to apply and be accepted to the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University 2 years before you are due to complete your High School certification.
- Once accepted into Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, you will need 2 years to complete 8 online courses. Each course carries 3 credits and takes 9 weeks to complete.
- On completion, you will receive a statement of results for all courses completed with your 24 credits and a certificate of completion.
- After successfully completing your high school diploma, your IB Diploma courses and CP certificate, and achieving your 24 credits from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, you will be able to move straight into your second year of study at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to complete your 4-year bachelor’s degree for your career in Aviation.
How Much Will it Cost?
- The Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University cost during your last 2 years at school, is over and above your AISPP tuition and related services fees.
- Each Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University course costs around $750 and the final costs for the 8 courses over the 2 years will be around $ 6000.
What are the next Steps?
AISPP and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Partners in building your Aviation Career.